' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Something different

Sunday 29 May 2016

Something different

My blog followers will be taken aback with this one...

1) It's cute
2) It's a digital image
3) The background is part of the  base card and not created by me...

When I say I love all styles, I mean it, and though cute isn't my favourite, what can I say... I fell in love with Polka Doodle's Octavia. Here I have used Octavia Moonfly Wistful but watch out for more images popping right on this very blog...


I coloured her with alcohol pens and actually enjoyed myself tinkering away for what seemed an eternity to get the shades just right... I should say that as I don't have a large selection of pens I sometimes have to mix my colours on the nib.

I have cut the image with a Nellie Snellen die and mounted it on foam pads before sticking to my base, a printed card languishing in my stash, another Lakeland buy from moons ago. [In my defence this was a gift, I always thought buying made-up bases was a cop out].

I hope that my cute digital card won't keep you away!
As always, thanks for coming by,
Entering the Graphit Markers, SSS Monday and Polka Doodle challenges

8 comments:

  1. It certainly is different for your Christine and would be a shock on both out blogs, but clearly you are multi gifted because this is coloured beautifully.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really lovely and great use of the craft supplies

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card Christine...how adorable is the image and beautifully coloured...thank you for sharing over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card Christine and I can relate to making pretty pretty cards (way back whence) lol. Colouring in used to take me to a different time and place and if you look HERE you will see I used to spend so much time (just like you) in trying to get the shading just right.

    Again such a fabulous card and it might just have inspired me to get my colouring implements out again!!!

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, elle est trop mignonne !!!!!
    Ta colorisation me semble parfaite en plus, bravo Christine je suis admirative !!
    Moi aussi j'ai quelques feutres à alcool dont je me sers bien (trop) rarement... Il faudrait que je m'entraîne pour arriver à ton résultat.
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card, the image is coloured beautifully and the mushroom looks good enough to eat :)
    Thanks for joining us in the Birthday challenge at Polkadoodles,
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely creation - Thank you for joining us at Graph'It Markers this time xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous make. Thanks for joining us in our Time for Tea challenge at Graph’It Markers Colouring Challenge
    Anjie (DT)

    ReplyDelete